Tuesday, March 15, 2011

17 weeks my blogosphere friends

So we got the paperwork back from the court already regarding our name change....only to tell us we forgot to include our birth certificate and licenses for consideration - BOO on us, so all required documentation has been located (that took some effort) copied, and resent accordingly, guess we will wait and see what comes of that!

DW is in PURGE mode lately, and I can't say I blame her - we feel like this house is closing in on us with "Stuff" , particularly in the boy's room - he has preliminarily agreed to let us "downgrade" him from a full size bed to a  twin bed, because honestly at 10 years old, he has all of his toddler toys and crap that he no longer plays with - the only thing he is concerned with these days is his radio and his indoor basketball hoop, and posters (let the tween years begin-yikes).  He has visions of clearing out all of his furniture to allow for a full court, so we hope to meet somewhere in the middle.  One room at a time, but this will give us something to work on before we can finish the nursery.

She is in that really awkward "in-between" stage in size - all her maternity clothes are ginormous on her but regular shirts look like belly shirts on Santa Claus, so getting dressed to get out the house can be....a bit of a challenge.  I of course, manage this as delicately and patiently as possible :)

She says she hasn't felt the baby move yet but she has no idea what to look for either so we may have a few weeks before anything definitive is felt.

My boss has a habit of sending late night emails and it occurred to me today that sleep is overrated apparently, and that a full night of sleep is almost out of our reach...I can't say I recall what that is like since its been ten years, guess we will find out soon enough.

The boy had a dentist appointment today and his next appointment for a 6 month cleaning is in 6 months - September, we will be well into sleep deprivation with a newborn by then - crazy to think its so tangible in time.

If you actually read all of my totally random rambling, thanks - and sorry about that!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! Congrats on the great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little baby bump! I remember that in-between stage. And if I remember correctly, it changed practically overnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I am in the same in between stage. My maternity clothes fit fine (so they are mostly all I wear) but I don't always look PREGNANT in them, just chubby, especially in the AM. I also have not felt the baby move since that one time over 2 weeks ago. Midwife said that was normal yesterday, and I hope to find out if I have an anterior placenta at next week's anatomy scan. Yes, be very careful about what you say to your pregnant wife! The only appropriate words regarding wardrobe are, "Honey, you look beautiful!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! 17 weeks already! I can't believe it. I agree with C- "honey, you look beautiful!" or also "wow, you look hot". That one is good too. :)

    I feel like I've been stuck at 9 weeks for 2 weeks...oh! cause I have. The doctor changed my due date. LOL.

    RE: the boy's toys...our almost 15 year old is STILL holding on to every Lego, Bionicle, and little toddler toy he can - he has these attachments to some things that I do not understand. We finally convinced him to put some of it in storage. I told him if he's not careful we'll see him on Hoarders one day. LOL.

    ReplyDelete