Tuesday, March 8, 2011

16 weeks and POP

We have approached yet another Tummy Tuesday!  It's been a busy week too.  We welcomed home a friend and colleague from Afghanistan, after a year of keeping his wife occupied with the nonsense that is our family, wonder if she'll miss that, or if she'll keep coming back for more?  We also drove to NC to visit with some of my family - which is always an adventure.  I dropped the bomb all at once with this side of my family since I don't see them that often, so that was that.  I simply confirmed with my grandmother that Mary and I were indeed together and that she was pregnant, it wasn't an accident, and we planned on raising the child together....there was no other way to deliver that kind of news.  It went relatively well, considering.

On the way home, we made arrangements to meet up with some of our "virtual" friends from the Babycenter boards, which was amazing!  I know its the beginning of a long real life friendship and we are grateful.

Today we officially mailed our name change paperwork to the court, so the wheels are in motion.  We may get an approval through the mail if we are lucky, or we may get a hearing in front of a judge to hear our request, guess we will wait and see.

DW has POPPED, it's official.  She feels good, eats great, sleeps like crap, and everything is itchy.  She has a doctor's appointment this Friday, where we get to hear the heartbeat again.  Our babycenter friend pointed us in the direction of an ELECTIVE ultrasound - I had no idea!  So I looked into since we aren't scheduled to find out the gender until Week 20, and of course we want to know NOW.  But they said they wouldn't do one until Week 19!!  No point in paying out of pocket for something we will get a week later covered under insurance - oh well, it will remain a he/she mystery for another 4 weeks.

There is still so much to do!  We need to go back and finish our registry, start and finish our paperwork for our wills, save money for as much leave as possible and for our attorney who will help us through the joint-custody arrangement.  Then there's the classes, baby basics, labor and delivery, sibling, etc...that we need to register for at the hospital.  Oy Vay....good thing we have another 5 months!








5 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! Belly pics are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, once again a cute belly!

    Boo about the ultrasound place not taking you under 19 weeks :(.

    So a name change? What name are you changing to? (Hers? Yours? A joint one?)Yes the classes are overwhelming to think about aren't they! I keep wanting to put off signing up but I know they fill up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belly is beautiful! Congrats on telling your grandma! Glad it all went better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @C-We are hyphenating our two last names, mine first then hers - flows better that way we think...when are you registering for classes?

    Thanks KC and Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I registered for my Bradley class already because it's 12 weeks. It starts April 11th. The others I am dragging my feet about and I know they may be full. I want to do a free breastfeeding one and the women's hospital 5 week baby and childbirth one, if it's open still. We may do CPR too.

    ReplyDelete