Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Full term, threatened bed rest...

ok kids -37 weeks and officially considered FULL TERM!!  Had an appointment today and a few notable things came of said appointment:

1.  Swelling is pretty severe, doc offered, er I mean "threatened" half days of bedrest to ensure she gets them up.  DW of course vehemently refused-she wants NO part of that.  Doc said get the salt out of the diet at all costs and also suggested ted stockings for the fifth time during her pregnancy-seeing as she's been swollen since week 17.  Blood pressure is still excellent though so no immediate threat of preeclampsia.

2.  She is GBH negative-one less thing to worry about during labor and delivery -no antibiotics necessary.

3.  Cervix is still high and closed BUT she said it was softening, so we'll take that as progress.  She said she's seen plenty of mom's in her current state dilate to 4cm 2 days later and have their baby, but most of course are a little ways out.

4.  Next appointment we have to pick an induction date!  This is a "just in case" date to get on the books because she said they fill up fast.  Obviously we hope not to get to an induction date, but we are discussing exactly what that date will be...right now thinking sometime between the 26th and the 29th.

In other news, the boy ended up having oral surgery yesterday to remove a weird lump from his cheek.  He did great and they think its likely just a lymph node, although we won't get the pathology report for 2 weeks.  He is so swollen, looks like a lopsided chipmunk.   So our week opened up because he was supposed to have football camp today through Thursday but obviously not up to it. 

Trying desperately to get organized at work (both of us) to ensure that we are ready to duck out when the time comes.  Finalizing plans for the boy in all potential cases of "Ah! I'm in labor", meaning if its during the workday, he will go one place, after work hour and the middle of the night, another place.

DW ordered Patriots football onesies which arrived today-super cute.  I ordered a throw rug for her nursery which is the final touch (other than the letters of her name that a friend is making for us) and that's it!

I'm in nesting overdrive tonight, I washed all her newborn clothes tonight, installed the extra car seat base in my car, and finished packing for the hospital.

I'd say one more week and we will feel totally ready for her arrival.



bedrest worthy sausages (after being wrapped form the ankle down for 45 minutes)



1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog and I'm so excited for you guys! She will be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete