Just your average lesbian couple raising one biological child from a prior relationship and working our way through what is turning out to be quite a journey to grow our family "organically"
Friday, August 20, 2010
No Heartbeat
I wish I could just type this once and get it over with, but not that lucky. Ultrasound today revealed no heartbeat... RE said we have 2 options, we can wait it out and she could miscarry today or in 6 weeks from today or we could schedule a D&C. I wish this were better news to share but alas, it's not. I just got home from work (its noon) and waiting for Mary to get here as well so we can cry it out this afternoon before we pick up the boy and have to function normally for the weekend. Part of me is devastated and part of me is pissed, the rest of me is numb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I commented on BBC but i just wanted to come over here too and tell you how sad i am about this. this is so not fair. please take care of yourselves((()))
ReplyDelete:( I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteIs it possible it was just too early to see the heartbeat? My RE doesn't like to do u/s until 7 weeks for that very reason....
I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of each other. :(
ReplyDeletemuch love to you all.
ReplyDeleteI want to just share my experience to help ya'll maybe make your decision about the D&C or not. When I had my first ultrasound at about 7 weeks there was not heartbeat, no embryo, no yolk sac. So my RE was sure I would miscarry. But as you know he could not say when. At the time I was working full time and going to school. I had no idea what to expect, would I be in a lot of pain or what. I waited it out for 3 weeks. It was the longest most miserable few weeks of my life. I couldn't take it any longer and I scheduled the D&C. The morning of my D&C I started bleeding on my own, but I went through with it anyway. The procedure it self was not a problem. I went to clinical at the hospital for 6 hours the next day for school. It wasn't until I got the $2000 bill in the mail that I thought "maybe i should have just waited this out." I got a bill because i have a deductible with my insurance. I really wanted to wait for my body to take care of things on its own but it just became too overwhelming. I have to say that once it was over I felt like I could move forward. Good luck to both of you.
ReplyDeleteKat
http://www.katyloutracylee.blogspot.com/
katy_lou....THANKS for sharing - I am actually horrified at the whole "unknown" of the D&C procedure for her - I appreciate you sharing your situation.
ReplyDelete