Tuesday, February 1, 2011

11 Weeks

I have no idea where this past week went?  But suddenly here we are at 11 weeks, and I think there is a bona fide baby bump going on here...

DW is feeling pretty decent these days, nausea has all but subsided.  Her boobs are like bricks dipped in liquid hot magma and she is having wild mood swings.

She has developed a communication plan that I can get on board with too.  After her appointment next Friday, if all things look good, we will tell "the boy" that night - this way he can pout, scream, hide, and/or celebrate as he sees fit over the weekend as we have no plans to go anywhere, see anyone, or do anything - want to make sure he has plenty of time to digest and get to a decent place with the news.  We think he will likely take the news a little unfavorably at first since he is quite accustomed to being an only child and is old enough to know he has it made.

After we tell him, we will call everyone we have in our cell basically and deliver the news over the phone.  This way, they can share the news with whoever they see fit BEFORE it hits Facebook.  Inevitably you hurt someones damn feelings by blabbing anything to Facebook so I think this is the best plan to manage through this.

Believe it or not we were already talking about a shower but only because we were originally thinking it would be the weekend my brother would be home on his hiatus from Kuwait, which is in April.  However, we learned this was Easter freakin weekend, so I think after all, the shower will be too much for our friends and family who are out of town and/or traveling over the Holiday (in NH) so more to come on that...

Per her request we have changed her "belly shot" outfit because she didn't like the way the others were turning out, and I think these are better - she happened to be looking down at her belly which I think is cuter anyway.   I also picked her up a Bellaband and a pair of maternity work pants at Target - just because!







7 comments:

  1. Move aside Spanx...we like this bump!!! I'm so happy for you girls. Thank you for sharing your news with me. I'm excited to be your little groupie! Love you all! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, looks like a baby bump to me! Wow, hers is a lot cuter than mine :) LOL for the description about the breasts, not sure what that means, they're painful?? I feel her on that one, mine still hurt, ouch!! (pineseedling)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Kim! Thanks for being our groupie...that's HOT.

    Pine...yep boobs are SO sore and heavy and radiating so much heat you could fry an egg on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled on from someone's blog and noticed we're both 11 weeks on Tuesday. Congratulations. Looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Hope DW's boobs feel better soon. :) I'll bet telling DS will go better than you think. :) We got our BFP yesterday and our DS was stoked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool that your T2 starts on Valentine's Day! I'm very happy for you both. The bump is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to see the weekly belly shots - gotta keep 'em coming! :) Love this pic - she looks so damn cute.

    ReplyDelete