We got the call this morning....13 eggs fertilized into little embryos!!! We have a Baker's dozen baking at the moment! They said they wanted to freeze 5 today and watch the other 8 and see how they do over the next few days, then pick the best two to transfer back - we won't really know whether it will be Wednesday or Friday until the last minute, BUT in the meantime, we are P-S-Y-C-H-E-D to have enough to freeze should we need them for additional cycles in the future...this means no more stims and the additional cost that goes with that. Still hoping for a twin miracle so we never have to go through any of this ever again, but if we do, at least we know we are more than half way through the process.
I am having such a hard time focusing at work lately (obviously) Today I called the vital records department in the state of VA (and the state of MD) to find out if we could list ourselves as Parent 1 and Parent 2 on the birth certificate. I even called my employer's legal assitance benefit plan to see if this is something they would represent if I decided to enroll in the benefit....got big fat NO'S on all accounts - this does nothing but motivate me to find a way to get both of our names on the birth certificate of the child that doesn't even exist yet, even if it means listing my name as the FATHER....oy vay!
Congratulations! This is awesome news! I'm so happy for you both! Yay! Rooting for a great transfer!
ReplyDelete