

Just got home from the egg retrieval and all went well. RE said he got 17 eggs! He said about 11 of those were mature and anticipated the non-mature ones would likely not fertilize, but that still leaves us with a good starting point so overall we are very pleased with the outcome of today's procedure. While I was waiting for DW during the procedure, I was reading OK magazine where I learned that Celine Dion is pregnant with twin boys at 42....after 5 failed IVF's - hell if she can do it at 42 with her husband's 90 year old sperm, then why can't we do it on the first try at 32 with young snazzy sperm? I'm gonna go with that theory...
They will call us tomorrow and let us know how many fertilized. Then they call again Tuesday with updated status. If we have two clear front runners by Tuesday, he said we could do the transfer Wednesday (day 3) if they all look good or its too early to tell which ones are the best, we wait until Friday for the transfer, All very interesting stuff, nurse told us she saw her eggs and that they look young and healthy...if she was blowing smok up our ass - it worked! I feel better about it all.
The staff was great at the center and lab and DW is home relaxing for the rest of the day. She was quite comical coming out of the anesthesia, sounded like she was wasted, inviting the anestheiologist to her sister's upcoming bachelorette party...LMAO...told her all she was missing was the wonky eye she gets after really drinking too much...
She starts progesterone oil injections tonight, which is a nasty shot from what we understand, big fat long needle, hurts like a bitch going in because its so much fluid and causes the skin in the are to get all lumpy and weird, not to mention that the med itself makes my DW (we had progesterone before in suppository form) extrememly emotional, crying at commercials, etc, that kind of thing, can't say I am looking forward to that, but its for the cause!
Attached twp pics - one of her this morning before the retrieval and the other of one of the many bruises she has had from all of the injections she has endured.
No comments:
Post a Comment